
I can't believe May will be three in just a few weeks. She gets funnier every day and we are still astounded by her thoughts, her chipper-ness (even when the rest of us are not so chipper) her steadfast joy and the ease she has with immediate forgiveness. She has a memory to beat all and it definitely serves her well.
This year we have had swim lessons, picked up a few days of school at home and learned how to cut (still in progress), spell three letter words (Mom, Dad, God, Dog, May) on the fridge with magnet letters and a few other fun things.
She is very excited about starting school after our Christmas visit from Grampy and Grammy. She LOVES to read books and is beginning to sit through short chapter books. We are talking a lot about Peter Pan so I think that may become a story time book when we start school over the next year or two.
Things are busy for us since Lisy but May loves to help me out. She helps to comfort her when she is on the floor, she cheers when Lisy makes a big messy diaper (because it makes Lisy feel so much better)and she is my biggest cheerleader when it comes to changing sheets, taking out trash, mowing the lawn or making dinner. I make her very proud when I do those things and it brings me so much joy to know that she is not above giving anyone any type of happy encouragement just because.
Things have been hard with potty training because I am impatient to get through it but May handles my impatience with grace and forgiveness and we keep trying. She prays sweet little prayers each day that just brighten mine right up.
What a joy and a blessing she is to me in so many ways. 3 years has gone by so fast but I have been so deeply blessed by watching the little girl she is becoming. It excites me to think who she will be when she is older.
We thank God always for her. Happy birthday to my sweet Honeybee.
No comments:
Post a Comment