This past year has been a season of learning. The Lord has been so merciful to me and so attentive to His teaching of my heart. I grow weary too soon. That is the brunt of it.
In keeping my home, in striving to be a wife who is the crown of her husband, in teaching diligently...in faithfulness. There is always some idol or other that takes the place of pleasing the Lord, either in that moment or for a seemingly short duration of time. Somehow or other I find that I have let go, gotten tired, stepped away or gotten self centered.
I have been in a season where May requires a lot more instruction- a LOT more. and I need to be diligent. I have learned that diligence and attention to these things flies out the window when I make things too busy- at home or away from home. Too busy is not so good.
I have learned that order is good- to allow the desire for order to become an idol of control is not. There is One who is sovereign. God. I am not God. I can teach her, instruct her and show her the way to please him but ultimately, I have no authority to demand specific behaviors from her for my convenience or pleasure. I teach her behaviors to show her what God has required for His pleasure and purpose. This is a hard and narrow road for me to follow- I find that my desires and thoughts would prefer a much wider one. One with room that allows for strides that are too wide and not measured. But, He is a god of order and peace- one of prudence and thoughtfulness. I must teach her those things- the harder things. The things that my husband seems so great at. (What a wonder to be married and see in my husband those things that I struggle with- what a gift from the Lord that we can help to strengthen and teach each other!)
There are days when I never seem to find enough time. Again, control pops up- let it .all get done, well. quickly. on my terms. and when I want it , please. At the end of those days, my home is clean and things are in order, but I have ignored my children. I have ignored my husband. I have ignored God as well since there are so many things to do. really?
I embark on a new season this Autumn. One in which I hope to cultivate more humility in order to gain more grace, to practice His presence and thus practice more patience. Please, Lord, let me please You.
What are you learning from Him this year?
1 comment:
That verse has been my life verse (along with Pro 3:5-6) this past year. It is amazing to me just how fast weariness comes upon us. I love that the Lord knew we would get weary so He gave us a verse like Gal 6:8 so that we might find comfort in knowing that He is sovereign.
When life gets hard... when things don't go our way... when the unexpected happens take a deep breathe and know that He is God.
Trust in Him that at the proper time (that's His time, not mine) we WILL reap a harvest if we do not give up.
That's what I've been learning... thanks for sharing what you've been learning.
Post a Comment