Tuesday, July 27, 2010

For the Sake of Hilarity and Good Marriage


Since our anniversary just passed, (look at picasa for pictures of our recent trip to Serfaus-w hat fun!) and because I was hit on the head with a recent post from the generous wife (a little email tip for each about how to practice thoughtfulness and kindness in marriage when life is hectic- reminders really, but good.)I thought I would give a quick quiz to see where we were headed and how I was doing. Maybe determine where I was wasting my energy and where I happened to be spending it well.
I made a list of things I do or things I thought Chris might like me to do such as, keep clutter down, greet you at the door, do laundry, fold and put away your laundry....all the way through taking out trash and recycling and mowing the lawn.
It was very enlightening and very humorous. I would highly recommend it for those of you who are married- especially for the prospect of great conversations like these:
"How about mowing the lawn...would you like it if I just did that for you or do you want that to be your job?"
Chris: "hmmmm I don't know. I love when you do it for me because it is one thing off my back but I think I want that to be my job."
Me :"Why?"
C: "Because I feel more justified when I don't do the dishes."
or this one:
"Do you like when I greet you at the door or do you need a few minutes?'
C: "You should greet me all night long."
or how about this one?
C: " As far as helping you out with things I know I should help a bit more... like I could be doing the dishes for you right now (he continues speaking while mouthing silently "Not gonna happen") but I just get so tired and it's all I can do just to be up until bed time."
There were plenty of useful and encouraging things said as well but sometimes he can be so darn hilarious that I just have to share it.

No comments: