Chris and I have always wanted to home school all of our kids, at least until they reach high school, and one of the prizes he won in that crazy internet drawing for May was the first year of home school curriculum (pre-school) from Answers In Genesis.
Answers in Genesis is a great organization that bases ALL education- religious and classical, through a literal biblical worldview. The curriculum teaches all science with a literal interpretation of the history recorded in the bible )e.g fossils are evidence of the world wide flood, dinos were on the Earth WITH men, etc.)It was started by Ken Ham and we highly recommended it, You can check it out at www.answersingenesis.com
I have been reading and planning and feeling very overwhelmed at all the choices I have. I can't believe that My will be 3 in a little over a month and ready to begin school! We are waiting until after the New year to start (I am a little excited so I'm finding it hard to wait) so we can gather supplies and create a school room out of the current guest room.
I blows my mind to think how quickly time has gone by and intimidates me to think of all the years of teaching I have ahead of me. I'll need counsel, encouragement and support if you have any to offer. :)
1 comment:
How exciting! I love watching you with your little ones. It is such a sweet relationship. Congratulations on beginning to homeschool soon!
Post a Comment