Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Just news

May turned two. she is very excited about the baby coming and hugs my tummy to say hi to baby each day. (very cute) She also asks me to hold her every 15 min so I think seh may be feeling that something is about to change. I tried potty training for one day and did not have the patience for it right now. And we are still debating on whether or not to put May in an Italian pre school while we are here even though we are planning on homeschooling everywhere else. any thoughts on that would be appreciated.
We are enjoying Italy and looking forward to traveling a bit this winter when Chris can get a few minutes off. I am tired and hungry most of the time but the little bean is doing great. We heard the heartbeat and can't wait to find out if bean is a boy or a girl in Nov.
That is really it. we have both been back and forth between home and the airbase a lot lately so that makes us busy busy.

3 comments:

Naomi Smith said...

oh dear - - I am a firm believer in NOT potty training when I am pregnant!
it's
just
not
the
right
time
:)

while I don't know all the details, I would highly recommend putting May in Italian Preschool for these reasons
1.(from what I understand) age two is a crucial year for the development of the part of your brain that learns language. even if May won't continue with Italian in the future, her capacity for language learning in the future will be better
2. it will expose you and Chris more closely to Italian culture. being exposed to a different culture, I think, (if done properly) is helpful in self critique and home culture critique; and also, it's really WONDERFUL to be able to experience a different culture - - I think it shows the amazing diversity within mankind and reflects on the vast creativity of the maker of mankind (you know that, though . . . I'm just babbling!)

. . . those are just some thoughts; there are clearly factors that I don't know about (being that I'm so far away and stuff),
and sometimes you just don't know if it will be good until you actually do it and see how your child reacts. I would remind you that you can ALWAYS just change your mind and pull your sweet girl out if you feel that it is not the best thing for her or for the family.

I love you! and have been praying for really wonderful times of prayer for you!
N

Rebecca said...

When are you going to post a pregnant Heather picture? i look forward to seeing it.

Love ,
Rebecca R.

Heather Pelczar said...

Naomi, Thank you!!! i love hearing your thoughts about these things. Thank you for praying for me.