Sunday, May 24, 2009

Quotable Quotes from Maylisa

"Daddy sitting on the potty? Need a book?"

Mom:" How about some apple sauce for dessert?"
maylisa: "How aboooouuuuut....chocy chips!" (You have to imagine the facial expression with this one. Tilted up and to the side to look at me with eyebrows raised and an smile that is all charm and nothing else.)

"Jesus loves me ,isss I know. oh de bibow tells me so..." (She sings the whole song)

"one, two. free, fo, five,si-seben, eight nine ten eleven,twleve!" (I keep thinking it is way too soon for this to be happening. )

"(the entire alphabet but in chicka-boom boom style- I'll give you the end) t-u-v- Still More! W! and x,y,Z! the whole alphabet up the... oh NO!!!!"

(In a VERY high and tiny voice- for the duckling) "Is that a hot hot doooog?"
(no the pigeon) "Not a hot dooooooog? Myy hot dooooooooooooog." (her trails up at the first hot dog for the pigeon- very funny.)

In the grocery store: "Mommy's mimis in there!" as she pressed each palm into either side of my chest. nice.

"Again, in the grocery store: " Just a fart mom!!! Just a fart!!" (we have been asking her lately if she is stinky so she can learn to recognize when she has to be changed and/or sit on the potty. It's working. all too well.)

And last but not least, I think I called her a "masher" once when she pulled the collar of my shirt out and down to "have a look". It made her laugh hysterically for a long time. big mistake. In an outdoor public square, heavily populated with people while picking her up, at the top of her lungs,: Yank! "Hey! Masher!!!"

and this one is from a few months ago when we were in Naples with a friend. At the hotels breakfast bar. I was eating and she was looking at the fish. apparently she had turned around to witness a man filling his plate. "Piggy, piggy, piggy!" at the top of her lungs. We still praise the Lord for that man not speaking a word of English. I think she heard me say that as a joke to Chris once.

She gets more hilarious every day. She chats and giggles and pretends and colors all day long. I have to answer the remote control several times a day and hear her making plans to go to the pool or the park and then saying, "ok. see ya later! Bye!" I can't wait to see what's around the corner while, at the same time, I just want to stay here for a while longer. :)

1 comment:

gutmanfam said...

I love these fun toddler comments. They always know just what to say, don't they!