We are buried in boxes. All of our shipments arrived within one week and the whole house is a mess. I wen to Naples for a week with May to drive a friend down to get a resident visa at the consulate and we got the last of our shipments that week. Chris has been nuts at work and I find myself forgetting my rule of self control to keep me from getting nuts, task oriented and cranky: five-seven boxes a day. no matter what.
However, we are seeing lights at the end of this crazy tunnel called the international, military move. May was sleeping through the night two and a half months ago when we left CA and she is finally sleeping through the night again. For the past three days now. Her naps have been back and forth between one and two a day and we are now back to the long three hour nap in the late morning. Wonderful. I have my appointment with the Lord back. same time and place each day. I missed the routine. I missed the method of going through my days.
We are still waiting to find all the components to our computer that has more memory and the photo programs so you have to wait a while longer for pictures of the new digs. The yard is beautiful. Fenced for May so I can let her play when she is older and not have to worry about the street (they don't have lots of sidewalks here). Pines in the yard with green grass and, instead of weeds coming up to announce the arrival of spring, tiny blue blossoms all over the grass.
The neighbors are quiet, with yards and homes even more beautiful than ours. We have a short flight of gray granite steps that lead up to a second level front porch and front door. Our front porch is a tiled balcony that is wide enough to encompass the whole front of the house with a double door leading into the living room. The whole house in tiled in the shared rooms and hard wood in the bed rooms of which there are four. (I have a guest room all set up for you.)
The window re incredible! Beautiful picture windows in each room letting sunlight in all day long unless you pull down the outside shutters that bring in a mid-night darkness (the better to help you sleep through your body's time change when you come). The entry is large and we have 6 marble steps leading into the hallway where the bedrooms are. At the very end of the hallway is the bathroom (did you think we didn't have one?)
I love this house. I can't believe I live here. What beauty when spring is just beginning. Fresh air,blossoms and tender green sprouting up where I look. The neighbors have a small vineyard in their back yard, that I am watching for leaves.
I hear birds chirping all day at just the right times (like, not at 5 am), I wake up to sunshine leaking through the shutters where Chris has pulled them open just enough before leaving for work every morning. And, best of all, he comes home to us every night, gives happy hello's to us and playing with May while I make dinner. I am living a dream. Come on over. :)
2 comments:
Your home sounds delightful - I'm so happy for you!
Sounds wonderful! I'm so glad that you get to see your hubby every night too. What a blessing... Your home sounds wonderful too. Someday, I'd love to come to Italy and visit...
Post a Comment