Wednesday, January 16, 2008

This is our latest Idea

I want to make sure that Chris knows we thinking of Him, talk about him, pray for him, and miss including him on a daily basis. This is my latest idea...

"Dear Daddy,

We went on a walk today and Momma brought her camera so we could “take you with us”. At least that’s what she said. I didn’t really understand how you were inside the camera, but she said , “let’s just go.” when I looked at her like she wasn’t making sense.

Anyway, I am going to tell you all about what we saw on our walk today.

It has been very warm and sunny for the past week, but windy today, so momma put me inside her red jacket.


Then we got started:

This is the way we walked- down this street. It was bright outside.

Then we saw these pretty flowers. Momma loves to look at flowers when they are still growing outside. She says they look brighter and more vivid. Daddy, what does vivid mean?

Next we looked up and saw a lot of palm trees. They had huge bunches of something like green berries on them. They looked so heavy! What are these, Daddy?

Then we walked down to a park. Someone lost a ball in the bushes.

When we walked past the ball we saw a very pretty pathway,

so we followed it to see what we could see.

We saw so many neat things, Daddy!

Look at this tree bark!!! There were a lot of trees like this one. They were all peeling their bark off!!! It looked like their trunks were growing too big for their own bark and they were tearing right out of it!

Then we saw a wall covered with vines. They looked dead but mom said they were only “hibernating”. She said that’s like sleeping but for a few months!!! Can we sleep for a few months, Daddy?


Then we turned around to go back and Momma saw more flowers. She liked how this one was taller than all the other ones on the same bush.

On our walk back through the park, we saw this bush that looked like it was waiting to trap someone inside it. It looked violent, Momma said.

Next, we saw flowers that looked like tropical birds. Momma said they were called “birds of Paradise”. These ones all looked like they were having a meeting and looking up at the sun to hear what it was saying to them.

We saw this big lemon tree reaching over the fence from it’s backyard to share its fruit with people passing by. Momma forgot to pick up the lemon that dropped down for us though…she might pick it up next time and make fresh lemonade for Nona because Nona said she used to make it from lemons all the time. I think the sugar part sounds good…

We passed by someone’s house and they had TWO elephants in their front yard. Momma said they weren’t real ones. She says real ones are a lot bigger than that. Have you ever seen a real one, Daddy?

The neighbor that painted Nona’s fence had pretty lanterns hanging from a palm tree in their yard.

And there was a bush that looked like it has fiery berries on it and they were pouring out all over the fence.

Then we saw a really cool tree with all these things on it. And they looked neat, but we didn’t know what they were. We took a picture to see if you know.

We were almost home when Momma spotted a hibiscus flower. Like the ones in Hawaii. Can we go to Hawaii someday, Daddy?

Momma took me inside and sighed really loud because I lost a sock on the way home and she didn’t notice.

She said my feet were cold and she would have to buy more socks. Then she threw the one on my foot away saying that she didn’t have a match for it anymore.

I am tired now so I am going to take a nap. I hope I don’t fall asleep for a few months like those vines on the wall did. I will probably get too hungry.

Write me back Daddy. Momma says she will save all of our letters so that we can read them together when you get home. Is it almost time for you to come home yet, Daddy?

I love you, Daddy. Momma says to tell you she loves you too.

Love,

Maylisa"

1 comment: