
We have been here in Italy for two years and have enjoyed the two years together. Unheard of over here in the unit Chris is in. He was set to deploy the first summer but the medical board stopped all those things (deployment, travel outside of a one hour radius, etc.) altogether. So, here we are in the last year and the medical board is done with. And now, it's time...
He is in Ga at the moment for a one month TDY to prep for a 7 month deployment in Mar. Our last summer together was planned (by us of course) to be one of fun and light travel, but mostly fun. Hikes on Piacavallo, beach picnics, Cinque Terre...together. Even while home, Chris has been working so hard that he just gets too tired, so we were really looking forward to him taking some leave this summer to enjoy some of these things with us.
The disappointment pales in view of what we know to gain from the Lord during this time, however. We are some of the few married believer who receive this gift from the Lord every few years- the gift of time. Time of an undivided focus on Him. Time to delve into our heats before Him without distraction and see where He needs to transform us. Time to reflect and catch a glimpse of what life would be like if we gave into hurts, resentments and bitterness until we followed them all the way down the path to disobedience and divorce. The consequences of sins are always greater and more painful and long lasting than we care to think in the moment of hurt. Our gracious and merciful God gives us a time to think and see clearly through experience. He allows us to be reminded through these times and we count it as a deep blessing. We always grow toward Him and come back together with so many things to share.
There will be times of grievance, times of weariness, times of turmoil...but He is the god of all time and He has laid out our path. Throughout each of these times, I have learned from Him. In due time, He exalts us, if we submit ourselves and humbly wait. Oh Lord, please make me humble!
3 comments:
I can only imagine that deployment is terribly hard. I have such a little thing to compare it too! I'll be praying for you. ~Gabrielle
Gabrielle- does your husband work a strange schedule? I never knew- we'll pray for each other...thank you!!
thinking about you, Heather; I meet with a woman, mom of 4, whose husband will be deployed in May-unexpectedly; when I meet with her, I will remember to pray for you too. And it seems that so much of our lives deals with God redeeming us or something or other in our lives; praying that you will be redeeming the time, learning all that the Lord has for you in this season.
Post a Comment