I have recently signed up for a rosetta stone language program through the base library and have taken two lessons. It works online through my computer at home and I have learned a lot (I think.)It is definitely something to be done in conjunction with more grammatical and thorough explanation, but as far as learning in a hurry, I think it will help. I am excited to see how long it takes me to learn enough to have conversations with the people next door.
I have a lofty goal of speaking Italian with Maylisa while Chris speaks English to her so that she grows up in a bi-lingual home.
Speaking of whom, she gets funnier by the day. Yesterday we went to the park and ran into some women whom she immediately befriended. She told them all about how "many,many,many lollipops!" she had that morning. (she didn't have any.) Then she listed all the colors, "Pink oooone, and a green ooone, and a yellow, oooone, and a ornage oooone and a pink oooone and a red ooonce..." hilarious.
She wandered into our kitchen the other day singing "Father Abraham" complete with "right arm, left arms nod your head, sit down" at which point she sat.
She slaps her hand over her eyes (in public while walking) and says, "Where Maylisa go?" If she does not walk into a wall before she takes her hands off of her eyes, we are treated to, "Gasp! How she do that?!!!"
When she does walk into a wall we hear the funniest, sort of nasally, "ooooooooohhhhh!" and then she looks at us as if to ask if we believe her enough to pick her up so she doesn't have to walk anymore.
She is learning as much Italian as I know and she can respond to the neighborhood folks in it when I prompt her to. It delights everyone that hears her tiny voice saying, "Ciao, Ciao! Arri-derci.!"
I am more convinced every day with her that having child is the funnest daily occupation one could be gifted with. In every way. Even in one's personal relationship with the Lord. What an entertaining way to show us more deeply of Himself.
What riches are mine in knowing Him who has given me this gift. And how much more precious she is because I know from Whom she was given.
1 comment:
I love Rosetta Stone, I am currently using it to learn French--it is the best!
Post a Comment