Chris made Staff Sgt.!!! We are both so thankful to the Lord that he got this promotion. HE "pins on" in two weeks and will receive all the benefits of a raise in pay and housing allowance while we are in Italy. This was such perfect timing for us.
Maylisa and I are having a lovely time with my parents in UT and have visited some beautiful spots. We toured a few lakes while here and Tony Grove is astoundingly beautiful. I hope to post pictures when I get back.
This next week is full of siblings arriving with their kids and parties for four of us who have birthdays in Oct. A trip the the aquatic center then next day and taking my 13 year old niece to get some eyeliner and lip gloss. Holy cow. Pictures of her will be posted too.
Praise God with us for Chris' success in Korea! He is so relationally successful there that they assigned him a call sign in January and the commander of his squadron with a few other big wigs stopped by his dorm room to congratulate him at bed time! They seem to like him a lot there and I am so happy for him.
These last few months are slow and long but this year has been so special for us. Hard, but so special in so many ways. We have had such a private and deeply effecting time with the Lord. He has taught us so many things about Himself and what marriage should be and who we should be for Him. We feel privileged to have had this time but we are all done and can't wait to move in together again. (I feel ridiculous talking about my marriage that way.)
More soon!
2 comments:
YAY!!! We're so proud of Chris! How exciting!
Today is "Pin Day" 5 Sept 2008
Congratulations, Chancellor.
Love you,
Daryol and Rena
Post a Comment