The next few months are looking to be busy and frantic. I have begun the process to get passports for May and myself (they are free for us through the military) but I have to wait for Chris to fill some paperwork out and have it notarized and sent back to me before I can complete the process. He sent a letter to me at the beginning of July which I have yet to receive, so this may prove a long and trying ordeal. There is a 90 time limit on this paperwork from the time that I printed it and filled it out. I think we have 8 weeks left before we have to re-print, etc. sigh...
Those travel plans are coming up fast and we are so excited! I get to spend three weeks with my family in UT for May's birthday. It is so hard to believe that she is a year old already. She has four teeth now. (I thought they would never come.) She is almost ready to walk on her own. This is all starting to happen so fast that I am almost glad for the year apart that has driven me to take so many videos,keep a running journal of events for Chris to read when he gets home and so many other things that I have done to document her growth so that Dad doesn't miss it. I can already see time speeding by even faster each month that the last. SLOW DOWN!!!!! Being a parent is truely a great joy and gift from the Father of lights who gives all good things freely. What abundant gifts He has given me in the form of this little girl.
Some of you know that Chris' father, Tom was diagnosed with celiac disease a few years ago. Celiac is a gluten intolerance or allergy that effects the gastro-intestinal tract in very uncomfortable ways. Untreated, it can lead to severe mal-nutrition, bone density loss, ulcerative colitis and several other things, even cancer. Changing to a gluten free diet is life altering for the entire household of people, due to sensitivity to cross contamination. All this leads to what we have recently discovered with Chris. For the past few years, he has struggled with a lot of symptoms of celiac (boy, are we slow or what?)- chronic fatigue, at times, debilitating illness (it has made me cry a little at times to hear and see him so sick. I am not prone to that kind of illness which leads to vomiting and I can't imagine how such a violent reaction must feel. I have felt helpless to help him at those times.) Chris recently decided, in Korea, to try to avoid most gluten containing foods, and after two days says he hasn't felt this good in years. More energy, and just feeling well. not sick for the first time in years. Praise the Lord!!
Here is a link to a simple PDF with more info about this disease that effects 1 in 300 people in American while only 1 in about 4300 are actually diagnosed. Do you have it?
http://www.celiachealth.org/pdf/GlutenFreeDietGuideWeb.pdf
and another for you heavy readers:
http://www.celiac.com/
So, off I go to the store to buy some gluten free items to send to my husband in a box. :)
1 comment:
thanks for sharing this, heather; I AM glad that he figured it out!
Post a Comment