In order to keep you all abreast of the latest developments in the Pelczar saga, I must first inform you of Norman's sudden and regretful departure. We had to give him up. He was getting sadder and sadder each day due to lack of proper attention, diminishing number of walks and very little petting.
We found a wonderful family for him who have a yard with a fence, two boys of 7 and 8 and a lot of trips to beaches planned. He is already having a marvelous time. but we miss him. It is better all the way around though for many reasons, not the least of which (outside of less pressure for me while taking all of my time with May) is not having to pick up copious amounts of feces daily. :)
Bye Norman.
More developments include: Trips planned to visit my sister Meghan who has just been stationed in Monterey, CA with her husband Dan and four children after several years in Japan and other places that were very far away. Welcome Meghan!!!! Welcome home Dan!!! (He just returned from Iraq- where he witnessed snow and sun all in one day. really.)
A visit is also scheduled to my parents house around the same week as Maylisa's first birthday, though not a party girl myself, I ahve finally reconciled myself to the fact that it is rude to attempt a stop to all others who wish to throw huge parties in her favor. Who am I to stop them? So, we are co-inciting that visit with my sister, Ivy and her kids, one of whom shares a birthday during that same week. Let's get that party started!
We have recently been informed that it is not unusual for the military to fly a deployed person directly to their next base instead of flying them back home and then to the next base. This means that Chris may not come home to CA in Dec but may go directly to Italy. I will handle all moving myself and then meet him with May in tow at the italian airport. We are disappointed at this news but prepared to handle whatever comes our way. We are also more grateful than ever for the visit in April, which gave him an opportunity to visit with family and Norman before all the previous happened.
SO, due to this and a number of smaller factors combined, not to mention the loneliness and regret Chris is struggling with at missing his daughter's insurmountable rates of speedy development, I am contemplating the space A flights to Korea in Oct. They would all be on C-130 cargo planes. loud and not insulated. Which brings me to my new search for baby sized, noise canceling headphones. It iwll be a brutal trip over a few days with stops in Alaska and Japan most likely, but it will be worth the smiles and hugs and kisses waiting for us on the other side of the world.
There have beena few re-negs this month:
1) while the no-cry sleep solution book was informative and taught me a lot about observing my daughter and getting her to sleep, she will not be scheduled. at all. And while she is sleeping better since her two teeth came out, she still does not nap easily or well. She has moved back into bed with me. Chris and I agreed that after several MONTHS of little to no sleep, I had tried hard enough and sleep was more important when i did not have him to help me. So, whatev.
Due to rising gas prices and the hardships of trying to be involved in a church family that is 90 miles away, I have started attending a church in Corona at least 3 weeks a month. Faith Community will always be my favorite home church. I love the people that comprise that body of believers and have been encouraged by them in ways that reap eternal rewards for them, I am sure. But I was spending way too much money on gas to keep it up every week. I will re-consider that plan in the fall when prices are supposed to drop.
OH! One more visit is scheduled for Sept to VA where my dear friend-family lives. I am very excited to spend another few weeks with them and possibly squeeze in a visit to the Hanshaw family as well in their new palatial home in GA! I am a busy girl this summer.
I will try to keep you all posted as wee go!
May has started walking along furniture and has gotten very quick and adept at it. She has recently started to let go with one hand and turn her body to grab a toy, so it seems to be only a matter of time until she walks around on her own. She is 28 1/4 inches tall and weighs on at a dainty 18.10 lbs. She still has only two teeth.While I wish all the discomfort were over, I don;t mind it because I love the toothless grin (her two teeth are still very small) and I have heard that the longer it takes for the teeth to come out, the stronger and healthier they will be.
That's it for now. :)

2 comments:
Miss you friend... I completely understand why though... :( Darn gas prices! It's so expensive to just drive across town!
oh, i'm sad for you my friend. having a doggy with kiddos is hard. :( i'm glad he has a new happy home, but still sad for you. i hope it works out for you to see chris. that would be awesome. love ya dude.
Post a Comment