He's coming home!!!! And none too soon. The wonderful people of FCC have made it definitely possible for Chris to come home for May;s surgery without spending indefinite amounts of time waiting for a military space available flight! We can't say enough about how grateful we are for this timely gift of...well, time. I am looking forward to being hugged and held and seeing more than just my husband's head. (although we are grateful that we can see each others heads each day. There is just something about seeing the body attached to it.)
May is reaching an age where a lot of discussion needs to take place about discipline and the logisitics of childproofing a home that is not your own. (She is going to be crawling any day now- when Chris is home I hope.)
We have prayed blessings many times for those3 who have had a hand in this delightful gift to us. I am not sure how to communicate the meaning of this to us. We were ultimately prepared to forgo the visit if necessary, but as each day passes I realize more and more how much I need this visit. Chris is excited to be here and get to know May and I am excited to have a short break from this high need little girl. She is wonderful and I love her SO muc, but I am tired.
We get to pick him up from the airport at noon on Mon the 14th and we are going straight to Long Beach to catch a boat to Catalina whre his brother has lived and worked for around 12 years now. He got us a great deal at a hotel so we are having a little vacation together before we come back to Corona. May's surgery is on the 21st but after that, any of you who are within traveling distance are welcome to come visit, or call or whatever. I'll be baking cookies nad meals and watching movies and taking walks with my husband. who is coming home. for almost four whole weeks. what joy, what luxury to have him near me.
2 comments:
Yeah! I'm so happy that he's coming home. Have a wonderful vacation together....
I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment