We had a wonderful time with friend full of so many daily surprises. We were introduced to a whole wide world of food as shown in the previous post. May approached new horizons with bananas, noodles, cheerios, pretzels and other fun things to eat. She loves frozen berries in her mesh teether and orange wedges as well. I am having so much fun with that and never would have thought I could give her cheerios so early if it weren't for this visit. Thanks ReNata and Keith!
May is so close to crawling. She has been working on it for a long time but while in VA she actually crawled a step and fell down. She rocks herself back and forth on her knees and hands and, as always, is not happy unless she is using her legs.
She loved ReNata (a friend that I met in AR) and had tons of fun with her.
The visit was at a perfect time for all of us here at Tom and Martine's house. Chris' cousin, Kristin even took Norman to her house half way through so that Tom could have a break from the dog.
For all the moms reading this, I was introduced to a beautiful and old-fashioned style clothing brand for children and infants called Strasberg Lace. You can find it on ebay for much cheaper. I love the patterns and fabrics and the quality makes them heirloom clothing.
I also learned how to make chocolate gravy and biscuits. I had a birthday there and we saw a few sites. There is so much to see on that side of the U.S. that I would have to visit a few more times to get half of it in. But here is the gist of it:
I toured the Pope-Leigheh house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1941. (this was my favorite site). I also walked through Pohick Church where George Washington worshiped when he was still a Col. I saw Mt. Vernon and the National Archives building.
(The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and the Bill of Rights). After all that, I went to the biggest mall I have ever seen in all of my life. Pentagon City, so called because of its size and the fact that you never step outside to get into it. You ride the subway, take an escalator and whalah! you're in the mall. crazy. 4 or 5 levels. too many shops. I bought some stationary at Papyrus and got overwhelmed looking at everything else.
Check the flickr page for more photos...
and keep checking Chris' blog. He has a new picture with a moustache. pretty funny. He's better at blogging than I am as far as interesting writing goes, anyway.
1 comment:
Hey, I've been there!
Post a Comment