Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fellowship with a Friend


Chris has been gone for two days. Things are alright,but I get tired and a bit lonely for good conversation. Yesterday was a bit of a challenging day and, on top of being tired and staying up to chat with Chris online with a cranky, gassy baby in my arms, I was grumpy and frazzled.
I was saving this Late Harvest Zin made with sweet plums and black cherries to share with a friend who would truly appreciate it the way I did when I tasted it in Sonoma County.
At the end of the evening, I thought to myself, "I need God." and sat down to read while trying to get May to sleep. Then it dawned on me, that I had no friend who would appreciate a glass of wine like this with me more than the One who could make it out of water. SO I turned on the lamplight, got out the dark (72%) chocolate wafers and the best glass I had. And I drank wine in the company of the One who comforts those who mourn. The One who heals those who are sick. The One who's power is perfected in my weakness and in-ability to last more then two days alone with this new baby. I was comforted- tenderly and deeply. I knew that my prayers for May were heard- effectively and lovingly. And I start this day with a new grace and strength. All because of much needed fellowship with the best friend there is to find out here in the desert.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Beautiful Heather, just beautiful!