Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Dedication


,
originally uploaded by razclep27.
May was dedicated at Faith Community Church Sunday. IT was done by Steve Mills, the worship pastor, as the senior pastor is out of town. It was very fun and sweet and I was very glad that they allowed us to do it a week before everyone else so that Chris could be there for it. She is wearing a christening ensemble that my mother made for her. It included a blanket, a pillow sham, a robe, a gown and a bonnet. The bonnet would not fit well on her head anymore. It got too big. the head-not the bonnet.
We spent Sunday with friends and family until the very last second, when we HAD to go home so that Chris could pack and leave for FL. He is in FL now and will be home next month. Just in time to help us move into his parents house in Corona while he is gone.
This was approached with much more trepidation on our side than on Tom and Martine's. Though we have both thought about the realities of the situation, I think Martine is just so ecstatic about her grand daughter coming to live in her house with her that she is willing to overlook almost anything and bend over backwards to make things work out. an excellent character feature in situations like this. I am positive that we will learn a lot about each other, from each other and from God as well.
We will be helping each other out. I won't have to handle May's surgery alone and I will be getting an allowance for housing from the military without having to use it. This will enable us to purchase a ticket for Chris to fly home next summer around the time of May's surgery. And Tom and Martine get to spend a year with their grand daughter before they have to leave her in Italy for two and a half. They will also be getting help clearing out all the stuff that they have moved around in boxes for ten years- among other things.
SO, please keep us in your prayers as we approach this next year pretty much flying by the seat of our pants. None of us REALLY know what is going to happen in any situation. Even with May's surgery.
I have to keep reminding myself that May is a gift to us. She does not belong to us. We did not purchase her. God is allowing us to shape this tiny life and teach her how to handle living in this world. But only for as long as He has numbered her days. I can only pray that He has numbered them in abundance. I don't even know of the surgery will be huge (the removal of a kidney) or small ( a laproscopic correction of the ureter).
Those of you who know me, know that I am a huge fan of planning ahead so that I know what is going to hit me. And if I don't know what is going to hit, I can at least think of most possibilities and decide before hand what I would do in each case were it to happen. This year, I can't. That is a nerve racking lack of control for me. I must learn from it.
I go to UT to visit my parent next week. Pray for fun and encouragement please. Pray for answers that I will need to have.
I love how God works relationships. I appreciate each one that I have.

No comments: