Saturday, September 8, 2007

G.I. Joe

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296054,00.html

This story makes me angry at the namby pamby, emotional comfort seeking film industry and general populace of America and really proud of those who are indignant at what Paramount is doing to a favorite American action figure. G.I. Joe has been a symbol, many times in recent history, of heroism and solidarity to a ton of young kids who lived through WWII and Vietnam watching their fathers serve (my father being one of them- as well as my brothers, who watched their father serve in S. Korea in the 80's for several months). Aside from just being a plain, wholesome, good old American toy.
yuk. why can't people think around ALL the sides of something before jumping the gun and doing what they think everyone else would like best, instead of doing what is RIGHT?
I am not seeing this dumb movie. Global Integrated Joint Operational Entity indeed.

No comments: